Jun 25, 2013

body image

Lately I've been thinking a lot about body image and how I'm going to portray a positive outlook onto my kids. I have never felt like I'm not pretty enough or that my body isn't good enough because my parents have always lifted me up and showed me how to respect myself and love the body I have. I always wear modest clothing because that's what I feel most comfortable in even though I don't wear garments and can wear whatever I want to now that I'm an adult. I've never owned a bikini because exposing that much of myself makes me feel unwanted and like a piece of meat. Do I always love my body and the way I look? No, I have days where I complain about leftover baby weight and how I don't look good in my clothes but I would never let myself feel like I'm not enough for someone else because of how I look. I want my kids to feel that when they are older. I don't want them to feel insecure or uncomfortable with what they have been given. Positive body image is so important to teach children at a young age and I just hope that I can do that for my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment