Aug 20, 2012

a funeral, family, and laughter.

We had my grandpa's funeral on Saturday and it was beautiful. The graveside service was incredible. He was a Navy man and hearing TAPS being played and watching the soldiers fold the flag and hand it to my grandma was truly a beautiful sight. I lost it the second the bugle started playing and had a hard time keeping it together for the next few hours. His funeral was packed of course, he knew a lot of people and they all loved him. There were many wonderful memories shared and lots of tears shed but also laughter. It was so nice to have the memories replayed. I'm going to miss him for the rest of my life but I'm beyond blessed to have been part of his life. He was a great man and his legacy lives on. We love and miss you Papa Red!

No comments:

Post a Comment