Nov 28, 2011

best Thanksgiving ever

I am proud to announce that our son Link Harrison was born on Thanksgiving at 10:47 pm! We are over the moon happy and fell in love instantly with him. Here's how it all went down:

I was scheduled to be induced Wednesday night at 9 and at 7pm we got a call saying they had no rooms and would call me back when they had a spot for me. I didn't hear anything back until 6am Thursday and we headed for the hospital at 7am. We got there and I was checked and was still at 2cm and 50% effaced so we started the Pitocin drip at 9am. I was having little contractions here and there but nothing I couldn't handle so I waited and waited for something to happen and by 1pm I was only at 3cm so we increased the Pitocin and by about 4pm I was having major contractions so I got the epidural and then things moved pretty fast from there. At 6pm the doctor came and broke my water and I went from 3 cm to 6cm and 90% at 9pm. My mom came to visit at around 9:30pm and I felt this weird sensation like I needed to use the bathroom and I kept thinking I might be ready to push but there is no way since I wasn't fully dilated. After a few contractions and feeling like I was about to poop the bed I called my nurse in to check on me and she couldn't believe that I was at 10cm! Link was still pretty high and was posterior so we decided to wait to push for 15 minutes to give him a chance to drop so I wouldn't be pushing for hours, so at 10:15pm I was fully ready to push and was having a hard time controlling the urge to push. I started doing my practice pushes and with the first one they could see his head so the nurse called the doctor but she was delivering another baby in the next room. I did about 15 practice pushes and his head was almost all the way out but the doctor was still delivering the baby so I had to sit and wait for 5 minutes while she got ready to deliver me. When she finally got to my room I was so ready to push that I did about 30 pushes and the next thing I knew he was on my chest crying. He weighed 8 lbs 3oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. He was really alert and his eyes were wide open and he was crying really well. Chase was there the whole time helping me and we both started crying when he came out. It was the most amazing experience ever and I can't believe I'm finally a mama!

1 comment:

  1. Good story! All the pregnancy pain and post pain is all worth it for the moment you meet your little one. Good job Paige! Get lots of rest and enjoy your new baby.